Category: Dances and parties
After a long Saturday at the con maybe all you want do is go home and rest. Or maybe it’s just the opposite? Banzai never sleeps, and if you’re not ready to let the day go just yet, grab your dancing shoes and glow sticks and join us at our famous Saturday dance night!
Are you into Kpop? Have you spent hours glued to your computer or TV screen obsessing over dance steps? Well, here’s your chance to show off your moves in a kpop dance roulette! We’ve made an hour long compilation of some of the most known kpop songs and choreographies in the form of short clips. If you hear a song to which you know the steps, then don’t be afraid to throw yourself onto the dance floor! Each session will last for 1 hour and include a varied mix of songs from girl and boy groups throughout the past decade. This is not a competition so there won’t be any prizes, except of course street cred and maybe some new friendships! And loads of fun! If you like kpop but don’t know any dances yet, don’t be afraid to come and watch, because the more the merrier!
What’s better than blasting your favourite disney song and singing along at the top of your lungs? Why, doing just that together with your friends and all the other lovely people at Banzaicon of course! Join our mascot Kei on this journey through the best of disney music. Improvised performance, air guitar and dancing is encouraged!
Previous years at Banzaicon there has always been a certain thing we’ve felt has been missing. Thankfully this year, thanks to some lovely folks over at KodachiKai, we are very happy to present MoonCat karaoke!
So come along and sing your favourite songs from anime and other cartoons, games, musicals, j-pop and all sorts of nerdy stuff.
To see a complete list of the songs available, go to kodachikai.blogspot.se/p/karaoke.html And if we’re missing a song you want to sing, please make a request in the comment section and we’ll see what we can do.
The Galaxy Galla will play danceable music in a variety of genres, but it will kick off with a waltz, and if you’re lucky you may get to share this dance with your favourite character.
At our charity dance auction we’ll be putting some of the most well known and well loved (or maybe well hated) characters from fiction under the (figurative) hammer. The lucky winner of the bidding war will get the honour of opening the gala with a romantic waltz with their price, as well as a photo of you together by the very talented Danarki. And the best thing: all the proceeds of this auction go directly to our local Red Cross.
For many years now the wonderful people of the Red Cross in Larvik have assisted our own medic crew in keeping everyone at Banzai safe and healthy during the con. This year they are starting up a new bicycle patrol, inspired by the Danish Red Cross, as bicycles often may be capable of arriving at the scene of an emergency faster than a car. We are incredibly grateful to them, and this is our chance to give back!
If you plan to bid in the auction, please remember that you are buying a dance and a picture, and only that. Your price may choose to spend more time with you, but only by their own choice, this is not part of the event. Remember this event should be fun and safe for everyone, and you are required to treat your price with respect for the duration of the time they are with you.
Are you a cosplayer and would like to help our charity and have a cool time by auctioning yourself off?
Thank you for expressing an interest in being part of our charity auction. We couldn’t do this without you!
To apply to be part of the auction you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a recognizable costume of a well known fictional character. If they are somehow space-themed that’s even better, but not a requirement.
- Crossplay is acceptable, genderbent characters are not. In other words we don’t care about the gender of the cosplayer, but the character should be as they are in the original source material. Original characters or original designs should not be submitted for this event.
- Be willing to spend half an hour on Friday being instructed in how to waltz. If you already know how you can help instruct the others.
- Be able to act in character on stage during the auction. During the dance itself we do not require you to be entirely in character, but you should be able to at least act it out a bit to give your “buyer” a special experience.
- Be comfortable dancing with and talking to a stranger. We do of course not demand physical contact beyond the dance, but if you’re ok with giving them a hug that would of course be preferable.
We cannot overstate the importance of this being just for fun and for charity. You should feel safe and comfortable at all times. You are not required to spend any time with the buyers beyond the dance and photograph unless you decide you want to. We do not expect any issues but should anything at all uncomfortable happen our crew will be on hand to sort things out.
To make sure the event runs for the appropriate amount of time we have a limited amount of slots open for cosplayers here. The list is not first-come-first-serve, but will be put together by us once all the applications are in, in order to ensure an optimal group of well-known characters.
All applications must be in by the 30th of September. After this everyone will get an email to let them know if they are on the list or not.
Your application should be sent to email@example.com, marked “charity dance auction” in the subject field, and contain the following info:
- Your name
- Your age
- Your phone number
- The character you wish to cosplay in the auction (specify where the character is from and which version you will cosplay)
- A picture of you in the cosplay. (We will NOT be looking your appearance , choosing cosplayers based on looks or anything of the sort. We only ask this because we need to ascertain that the costume is recognizable so that the audience will recognize the character).
If you want to enter as a character but your costume is not yet done so you don’t have a picture, just send the application in any case.
Thank you again for being willing to help us bring this event to life, we are looking forwards to your applications!
The theme is alien but the music is familiar rock, pop and dace as we kick off the famous Banzai parties with our Galaxy Galla on Friday night. Dress up, hype up and beam up to the dancefloor!